Wednesday 15 March 2017

Forecasting a trend- Wk 10

Wk 10

In this class, we were grouped in 4 and given a set of images. Those images are to be used in forecasting a trend. We were to have the mood, colour, theme and texture sorted out which would be linked to our trend. The pictures below are my group's work.....


Grunge is our trend.

This is the theme which we portrayed through the given pictures. Its basically based on the current negative happenings around the world, from riots to mourning over a mass killing.
All these issues on social, economic and politics are links to grunge. In Grunge, the music and lyrics usually addressees these type of issues.

The mood is dark and gloomy through colours of greys, black and white. The foggy and rainy weather adds to the dark and solemn mood too.
For textures, there are images showing a mouldy bread and a bucket of rice, linking it to our theme which focuses on the daily living. Bread and rice are part of our daily necessities.
Prints are the pictures showing cracks, a suicide, and a sculpting. The 1st image is of a suicide through the use of hanging from the barcode. The barcode probably represents money and value.
The 2nd picture is of a cracked wall which would make a very good print, seeing that it reflects the understanding of Grunge. Grunge is a depressing type of rock music.

 
This is the whole layout of our trend evidence map.


By the end of the class, I have a much better understanding on what I am to do. I realize that what I have been doing with my theme is not quite right. This lesson was quite of an eye opener for me. I do realize that theme is not the trend. The trend is what I can come up with through all the research and compilation of pictures. With that said, I have to improve on my research and develop stronger points so that I can forecast a trend.



No comments:

Post a Comment